This is the Literary London Smart Learning Journey. This journey includes several locations, beginning at St Olave’s and ending at Dr Samuel Johnson’s House. Using the Aurasma mobile app to access augmented reality digital content about each location, learners experience an authentic context for their learning. Edmodo is used for learner collaboration and uploading learner generated content.
There will be a variety activity types available for smart learning experiences, with instructions and guide information provided in each Edmodo learning group.
What you need to do:
- Turn on location on your phone (don’t worry, none of your personal data is captured)
- Set up an account in Aurasma
- Search/follow the literarylondon Aurasma user channel to access augmented reality content (aka ‘auras’).
- Set up an account in Edmodo, to work with your group on the activity, upload content, share and discuss content with others in your group
The route can be thought of in three sections, though the map contains all location points. Augmented Reality (AR) locations (learning stops) are indicated below. Other locations are relevant points of interest.
- St Olave’s Church, Hart Street AR
- The Ship
- Leadenhall Market AR
- Royal Exchange
- Saint Michael’s Alley
- Jamaica Wine House AR
- George and Vulture AR
- Simpsons Tavern
- Lloyds Coffee House
- St Mary Woolnoth AR
- The London Stone
- Bread Street & Watling Street AR
- Saint Paul’s Churchyard
- Paternoster Row & Temple Bar Gate AR
- Central Criminal Court (The Old Bailey) AR
- Ludgate & Fleet AR
- Dr Johnson’s House AR
- Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese