The first learning journey map using Google Maps. This journey is a first example of learning using location based information to guide where to go and what you can find out when you get there.
Point 1: The Palace Armoury
1. Investigate the augmented reality items you will find through Aurasma and carry out any instructions you find.
2. Make notes on what you do, and what you find most useful or interesting, and what isnt so good.
3. When you’re done, proceed to Point 2 on this map and follow instructions.
Point 2: St John’s Co Cathedral
One of the most ornate catholic cathedrals in the world. While you are here:
1. Open Aurasma, and focus your camera on the located feature indicated [insert specific image here].
2. Investigate the augmented reality items you will find there and carry out any instructions given.
3. Make notes and take pictures for further reference, and upload to your Edmodo space.
4. Engage in discussion on Edmodo, ask a question, answer a question, share an image.
5. Discuss this in your own social media channels using the hashtag #cocathedral
6. When you’re done, proceed to point 3 on the map and follow instructions.
Point 3: National Museum of Archaeology
The Archealogy Museum will tell you a good deal about the ancient pre-history of this small island. A visit is well worth it to see for yourself some of the amazing exhibits showing neolithic and megolithic stonework. While you are here:
1. Open Aurasma and focus on the sign at the front door of the museum (see above)
2. Investigate all the augmented reality items you find there
3. Make notes as you go along and upload to your Edmodo space.
4. Take 3 photographs and upload them to Edmodo.
5. When you’re done, proceed to point 4 on the map and follow instructions.
6. Share something in your own social media with hashtag #maltaprehistory
Point 4: New Parliament Building
Renzo Piano has designed a truly awe inspiring modern building to contrast with the old walled city. Well worth a few photographs of this iconic structure. While you are here:
1. Open Aurasma and focus on the FRONT ENTRANCE of the Parliament building
2. Investigate all the augmented reality items you find. (testing)
3. Discuss the merits or criticisms of this building in the Edmodo discussion.
4. Share a photo of the Renzo building in your own social media using hashtag #maltarenzo
5. When you’re done, proceed to point 5 on the map and follow instructions.
Point 5: Triton Fountain
The grand Triton Fountain, built in 1959, is a wonderful feature outside the entrance to Valletta. While you are here:
1. Open Aurasma and take a photo of the fountain
2. Share this image into your social media using hashtag #tritonmalta
3. Make a comment in the Edmodo discussion forum about what you think of the fountain or statues
4. Make some notes on the history and share into Edmodo.
* * *
FINAL TASK OF JOURNEY
Submit your learner feedback report of your experience using the link you’ll be assigned.